WEBSITE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
This troubleshooting guide outlines a set of steps to verify that the Well Beyond Care system has a defect and what to document so that the defect can be reproduced and fixed.
Questions for the user
→What kind of issue is the user having?
- Viewing a page or elements on a page?
- Data entry?
- Speed to open or view a page?
→What error message is the user seeing (if any)?
- Phone number error
- Unable to create account
→What kind of device are they on? PC, Mac, iPad, Android tablet, iPhone, Android phone
- Ask the user to try a PC if possible; if on a Mac, as the user to download Chrome on the Mac and not use Safari
→What browser are they using?
- Ask the user to download and use Chrome
→Do they have pop-up turned off?
- Ask the user to turn on pop-up, which are required for the use of the site
→Do they have any kind of security configured on their browser?
- Find out more about if there are security constraints on the browser; remove them for testing purposes if possible.
→Are they seeing fields auto filled incorrectly? (which Chrome does)
- Ask the user to go back and update the entered fields
→Has the user successfully logged into the site with an account in the past?
→Has the user successfully used other parts of the site in the past?
→Is the user getting an error message or server error (yellow display) page?
→When you impersonate the user, can you see the problem?
→When you get on UberConference with the user, can you see the problem?
→Can you reproduce the issue with another user on the QA server?
Information to gather in order to reproduce the problem
Please document the following:
- User name, user type (Careseeker, Caregiver, Care Circle member, NCPM, Admin), city and state, timezone of the Careseeker Admin and the Caregiver
- Web page where the issue happens or displays on (copy the URL)
- Take note if all of the action buttons on the page display for the user
- Steps to reproduce the problem, starting from logging into the site
- Take a screen shot of what the user is seeing if possible (or a video), especially if an error message is displayed
- Time of day the issue is experienced
- Severity of the issue (does it change or delete important data? Does it affect billing or pay stub payments?)